Saturday 5 March 2011

The space station in the desert.


Hi, everyone!

Today I want to tell you about the capital of Kazakhstan-Astana. It is one of the most beautiful cities in the country. It is located in the north-central region of Kazakhstan on the Ishim River. The word Astana in Kazakh literally means Capital but the word itself originates from Persian and literally means royal or sacred. Astana is the young, but rapidly growing capital.
Astana is the city of amazing architecture. Since acquiring the status of the capital of Kazakhstan the city's face has changed dramatically. The architects and builders working in the capital have created wonderful architectural ensembles.





The Baiterek Tower has become the city's symbol and its visiting card. According to the legend, Baiterek is the tree of life, the destination of the sacred bird, Samruk. It takes refuge in the tree’s high crown to lay a golden egg - the sun - giving life and hope. The height of the construction is 105 meters, and it is an observation deck providing a bird's eye view of the city- the modern business district on the left bank of the Ishim, and cozy areas with squares on the right bank.


Kazakhstan Central Concert Hall. The building’s shape reminds the dynamism of the petals of a flower as a metaphor of the dynamism of music itself.  The building has very interesting design, moreover it protects it from the extreme climatic conditions of Astana. It houses one of world’s biggest Concert Halls for classical music, also it has been designed to adapt to all kind of performances such as classical, pop and traditional music concerts, theatre, ballet, conferences and cinema.



 Khan Shatyr Entertainment center is a giant transparent tent in Astana. It is larger than 10 football stadiums and contains shopping and entertainment places and indoor beach resort.



Today, I tried to describe the capital of my country, but of course there still a lot of things to tell about it, So, if you are interested in it, just come and see it:))) Hope, you enjoy reading my blog!)))

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Gulzan. This is Tsubasa:)

    I enjoyed your blog!!!!
    You wrote a lot of information about your country's capital city.
    I was very interested in buildings because every buildings on your blog were interesting shape!!!!
    I've never seen such a kinds of shape in Japan and the US!!!!
    Even though your capital city is new, I think that there are a lot of interesting spots that visitors should go:)

    Expecially, I want to visit the high tower!!
    The shape and tall is amazing.

    Japan also has tall buildings, but these shapes are different from the tower.
    I think that the tower is beautiful, so I want to see it if I have a chance to visit your country:)

    As you know, I have Kazaf housemate, and we have great relationships!!
    Althought I did not know about kazaf before, I got a really good emage to your country:)
    I hope that I'll visit kazaf in the future!!!

    I like Kazaf people because you are so friendsly and kind.
    Also, I like Kazaf food:p

    If I visit Kazaf, why don't we meet and go to the tower together!?
    I hope we can see it together in the future!!!

    Tsubasa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! you write a lot of information about your
    country! With picture, it is very interesting. Also, it is so beautiful! In fact, I don't know about Kazakhstan and not interestin so much. but after see your posting, my indifference turn to interest! There are so many beautiful natural and artificial building. If i have chance to go Kazakhstan, I will visit the city where you introduced. I like your posting about your country :-) See you on Monday,

    ReplyDelete