Saturday 22 January 2011

"Pearl of the steppe"

In this blog post I want to tell you about one of the most beautiful places in my country.
In the north of Kazakhstan, between Astana and Kokshetau(it's my native town) is a wonderful district, a real oasis, named Borovoe.The translation of this word from kazakh language is camel. Geographically, this place is called the Kokshetau heights and the people who live there gave it the name of Kazakhstani Switzerland. There are a lot of mountains,lakes and forests in Borovoe.There are more than dozen lakes such as Schuchye, The Lake Borovoye, Big and Small Chebachye, Kotyrkol, the Swan Lake.

From the north it is surrounded by the Kokshetau mountains with height about 1000 m above sea level, covered by the birch forests. In the neighboring of the resort there are interesting rocks and cliffs.
For example,“Okzhetpes”. It is the name of the highest mountain in Borovoe. Sometimes it's also called as Blue Mountain,because it's often covered my the blue fog. The “Sleeping knight” is the name of the hills. They were called this way, because they're look like a warrior. And the “Sfinks”. In Kazakhstan it's called as Zhumbaktas-Mistery mountain.If you look at this mountain from different points of view, you see the face of a young lady with waving hair from one side and the face of the old woman from another.
Borovoe is the real pearl of Kazakhstan. The combination of mountains,forests and lakes creates not only the unique beauty of the landscape, but also a special healing climate. Here you can find many sanatoriums, tourist bases. Also,there're a lot of restaurants, bars, shops and clubs in Borovoe.
I'll be very glad if one day you decide to visit this fascinating place.



3 comments:

  1. Hey Gulzhan,

    your topic is vrey interesting. I hadn't known that much about Kazakhstan; however, since I came to U.S, I've met many Kasaki students, and they have told me alot about Kazakhstan. I feel like you guys have joint things with my culture, and after reading your post, I believe that Kazakhstan is a beautiful country; therefore, if i had a chance, I would like to visit your country one day :).

    Have a nice weekend Gulzhan,
    Noura...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gulzhan,

    I like your article and the the pictures are really beautiful Like a piece of Paradise.

    Waiting for the next blog :)

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gulzhan :)

    By looking at your pictures it really looks like Swtzerland; beautiful mouantios :)


    Have a good night :)
    see you on Monday ,

    ReplyDelete